3 1/2 cups organic oats (gluten-free, if needed)
1/2 cup organic hemp seeds
1/2 cup organic chia seeds
1/4 cup organic flaxseeds (freshly ground)
3/4 cups organic almonds (freshly ground in tiny pieces)
1/2 cup organic raw honey (or other liquid sweetener for vegan)
1/2 cup organic applesauce
3/4 cups organic almond butter
1/2 cup organic coconut oil (melted/liquid)
1 1/2 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- Put flaxseeds into a coffee grinder and grind into a powder. Set aside.
- Put almonds into a food processor and process until they are in tiny pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients together (oats, hemp seeds, chia seeds, ground flax seeds, ground almonds and coconut, if used).
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all wet ingredients together (raw honey or other liquid sweetener, applesauce, almond butter, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract).
- Take the wet ingredient mixture and combine in the large bowl with the dry ingredients and stir until well combined, using your hands if needed.
- Put the mixture in an 8 x 8 glass baking dish and press the mixture firmly.
- Put in the refrigerator or freezer to chill or until the mixture is firm.
- Cut into even size bars or smaller sized squares.
- Keep in refrigerator until ready to serve because they will get soft if left out at room temperature.