- 1 c. almonds
- 1/4 c. cacao powder
- 1/8 c. mesquite powder
- 1/4 c. + 2 TB raw honey or equivalent agave nectar
- 1/3 c. hulled hemp seeds
- 2 TB cold-pressed virgin coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or the seeds scraped from one vanilla bean
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- Place the almonds in your food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add the cacao powder, mesquite & salt and process again. Pour in the sweetener of choice, hemp seeds, coconut oil & vanilla and process until all is combined and sticking together.
- Roll into 1.5″ balls with your hands. If desired, roll the finished bites in your favorite superfood powder, herb, or spice for a decorated look. I used cacao powder, mesquite, hemp seeds, peppermint and coconut flour topped with a goji berry.
Refrigerate or freeze for storage. Serve from the fridge.
Mesquite is a specialty item with a sweet, rich, almost maple flavor, full of essential minerals, fiber & protein. If it’s not available to you, feel free to substitute another dry ingredient such as shredded coconut, maca powder (reduce to 1 TB) or more almonds. The flavor won’t be exactly the same, but you’ll still be blissed out from super powers of cacao and hemp seed.